Female. Lives in United States/Illinois/Chicago, speaks English. My interests are Food, Restaurants, Cooking, Baking/Travel, Dining Out, Raising Children.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Illinois, Chicago, English, Female, Food, Restaurants, Cooking, Baking, Travel, Dining Out, Raising Children.

Thursday, March 17, 2005

Shamrock Shakes for St. Patrick's Day



Happy St. Patrick’s Day! If you’re looking for an easy and delicious green treat today, try a Shamrock Shake.

As I’ve mentioned before, I’m a big fan of the Top Secret Recipes web site and I subscribe to their free weekly newsletter. Each week, a new recipe cloning a restaurant recipe comes into my inbox. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, this week’s featured recipe is for McDonald’s Shamrock Shakes. I’ve never had a Shamrock Shake at McDonald’s so I can’t say whether or not this clone recipe gets it right on the mark, but I can attest to how delicious these minty shakes are.



To make a Shamrock Shake, you just need to mix vanilla ice cream, low fat milk, a bit of mint extract and a few drops of green food coloring in a blender. Top Secret Recipes is very clear about not allowing their recipes to be shared so I’ll just direct you to their site for the specifics of this very easy recipe. Click here to check it out, but hurry because it will only be available on the site for the next few days.

We thought these were really good and a fun St. Patrick’s Day treat. Hope you enjoy them too!