Female. Lives in United States/Illinois/Chicago, speaks English. My interests are Food, Restaurants, Cooking, Baking/Travel, Dining Out, Raising Children.
This is my blogchalk:
United States, Illinois, Chicago, English, Female, Food, Restaurants, Cooking, Baking, Travel, Dining Out, Raising Children.

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Oxford American's Southern Food Issue



Always on the lookout for new and interesting food reads, I was pleased to receive a copy of Oxford American’s First-Ever Southern Food Issue. This magazine is full of charming essays and anecdotes about the foods, cooking, restaurants, and culinary whimsies of the South. The writing is outstanding and every piece I’ve read makes me pause and think “Hmmm…wouldn’t it be nice to live in the South for just a bit to experience all this firsthand?” Vacations there are one thing, but I think you need an extended stretch of time to really let the unique food culture envelope you. So if you enjoy Southern food and good writing, this magazine might be of interest to you.

On a completely unrelated and random note, I can't stop laughing at these photos of Todd English. Yes, he's handsome, but these photos go a little too far in the sexy drama department. Click here to go to Todd's site and then click the Photo Gallery to see the photos. Oh, the unintentional comedy of it all...