Eliconi with Chicken and Peppers in a Garlic Basil Marinara
As I've mentioned before, I get monthly shipments from the Flying Noodle pasta club. I love receiving my box of sauces and pastas each month and can't wait to sample what we get. Recently, I used some of the goodies from my pasta shipment to make Eliconi with Chicken and Peppers in a Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil Marinara. This dish is very easy yet really delicious. If you're not going to make your own marinara, the key will be using a very flavorful, high quality sauce like the one sent to me by Flying Noodle.
I used eliconi for this dish, but obviously you can use any type of pasta you like. Eliconi are a large swirly pasta that hold on to sauce very well.
Eliconi with Chicken and Peppers in a Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil Marinara
1 pound of eliconi or your favorite pasta
1 jar Dave's Roasted Garlic and Sweet Basil Marinara or your favorite, high-quality marinara
2 chicken breasts, grilled then sliced into long thin strips
1 green and 1 red pepper, grilled then sliced into long thin strips
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
fresh cheese of your choice, grated to sprinkle on top of pasta
1. Slice peppers into long, thin strips and grill them.
2. Grill chicken breasts and then slice into long, thin strips. If the peppers and chicken are done before the pasta, just keep warm and set aside.
3. While you are grilling the peppers and chicken, get your pasta going. Fill a large pot with water and salt as you'd like. Add pasta and cook until al dente.
4. While your pasta is cooking, heat your sauce in a separate pot over low to medium heat. Slowly add the mozzarella cheese to the sauce, stirring it so it melts and doesn't stick together.
5. When the pasta is cooked, drain it.
6. Return the pasta to the pot and mix it with the sauce, grilled chicken and grilled peppers.
7. Serve the pasta in pre-heated bowls and sprinkle top with a little Parmesan or Asiago cheese. I happened to have fresh Asiago in the house, so we used that.
Check out the photo at the top to see how the pasta came out. This dish is so good and flavorful; we really loved it. Dave's marinara is delicious and it helps make this dish very quick and easy since making homemade pasta sauce isn't required. Another successful pasta dinner using my treats from the Flying Noodle!